- Course outline
- Detailed course description, syllabus, and outline of evaluation
- Introduction to Methods of Applied Mathematics
- by Sean Mauch, 2001. We will cover only a small part of the material presented.
- Methods of Applied Mathematics: Lecture Notes
- by William G. Faris, 2002. We will cover only a small part of the material presented. We'll focus on Chapters 3, 9 and 10
- Introduction to Asymptotic Analysis
- by Simon Malham. We will follow Chapters 2-5 fairly closely.
- Problem sets (solutions posted after due date)
(Problem Set #1)
(Problem Set #2)
(Problem Set #3)
(Problem Set #4)
(Problem Set #5)
- Final exam (due Apr. 29)