Web Sites - Similar sites to your site, re: similar business nature
- dogacademy.ca is a website for a dog training school in Kamloops. The website seems old, and the front page contains a large block of text.
There are videos and a lot of photos of the people and the animals which is good, but overall it does not seem to be formatted very nicely.
- mybalanceddog.com provides a doggie day care as well as dog training. Visually, the website is appealing, the colors and background are nice,
and the interface is fairly sleek.
- TLC Pet Resort is a business that will take care of your animals for an extended period of time, if you do not feel like using a kennel.
The website is intuitive to use, is bright, but I do not like the Comic Sans used as a font; I see it as tacky.
Web Sites - Downloadable Sites
- http://google.com/webfonts - Google web fonts has a bunch of fonts that you can download or link to,
to use on your website
which I did on the photos pages
- http://freestockphotos.com/ - A website that provides stock photos that you do not need to pay for
Web Sites - Technical Information
- http://www.w3schools.com/ - W3Schools provides a comprehensive coverage of almost anything to
do with web design
- http://stackoverflow.com/- A great website where you can ask a question and other users will provide answers. It is very
generally about programming, but it also includes web design.
HTML5 Minimum Requirements Features
Use of anchor references
Links to appropriate resources, additional info ... pertaining to your web site.
- Implement HTML5 structural elements
Use of hotspots, image maps or bookmarks to skip to a location on a given page, as well as to another page on your site
Insert inline images and line breaks
Mark page headings, paragraphs, blockquotes and addresses
Create ordered, unordered and description lists
Insert special characters from extended character sets
Implement metadata element
- The links page contains links to many sites similar or with a common goal as this one
Cascading Style Sheets Minimum Requirements Features
Use cascading style sheets to format the appearance of paragraphs, lists and headers, background images
Use pseudo-classes and pseudo-elements
- Create inline, embedded and external styles
Define document content with the class and id properties and create styles for them
Mark document content with the < div> and < span> tags and create styles for them
- In utstyles.css, pseudo-classes used to format the hovered-over links, such as on the photo
Use cascading styles to control page layout by using float attribute and positioning
Use contextual selectors
Install a Web Font
- I found no need for < span> tags
- Web font installed on all pages, for h2 headings, eg. links.html in the header, as well as in utstyles.css under h2 heading
Web Form Required Features
Apply appropriate styles to Web Forms
Validate form data using the required attribute
Apply inline form validation by using the focus pseudo-class to appropriate form elements.
- Use of all form elements on a web form, include appropriate form buttons
Multimedia Minimum Required Features
- Use of < object> tag to enhance a web page with sound and video.
- I could think of no reasoning for putting sound or video on the website
Display system date on the home page of the web site
- Use of variable, subroutines, functions, array, conditional statements, conditional operators
Check only two boxes:
Web Site Documentation
A paragraph entailing the business statement in about 100 words.
The project objectives and a project description clearly and precisely stated.
Include a site map/schematic diagram of the entire web project with dependency tree supported with documentation of application flow
and functionality that is clear, precise and concise.
Explain how the user may access the specific web site and application. (You MUST create a "Read Me First" text file to be placed outside
your root folder.
- Front page (with names of team members, title, date)
Explain how the business or the organization would benefit from this web site creation.
Any other relevant documentation pertaining to your site.
- READ ME FIRST.txt located in the UrbanTailz folder, outside of the Files folder
Demonstration Evaluation Form
- You are required to prepare an evaluation form that would be suitable for personnel of the Company to complete.
- Evaluation form
- NOTE: I was not able to meet up with the owner due to difficulty in correspondance. She did finally contact me, the night before
this project was due. I did not have the time then to meet up with her. Therefore, the evaluation form is empty.